A variety of dietitian platforms are currently promoting “The Whole Truth About 100% Fruit Juice” tool designed for health professionals, by health professionals.
It is being described as “helpful messaging about misperceptions regarding 100% juice” and being pushed as timely information as “it is a good time of year to talk about hydration.”
This tool was authored by Welch’s Health & Nutrition Advisory Panel (comprised of dietitians, PhDs and MDs), to “provide a balanced look at the role of 100% fruit juice in a healthy diet and shares the latest research on 100% juice.”
Tool Key Messages:
- Help people squeeze more fruit into their day: just 4 ounces of 100% juice counts as one serving, or ½ cup, of fruit.
- 100% fruit juice provides nutrition squeezed from whole fruit without added sugars.
- To enjoy all the benefits fruit offers, consume whole fruit and moderate amounts of 100% fruit juice as part of a healthy diet. 100% juice delivers convenient, concentrated nutrients including polyphenols, while whole fruit can be a better source of fiber.
- Sip your way to essential nutrients. For every calorie, 100% juice packs more nutrition than many other beverage options.
- No single food or beverage is responsible for the obesity epidemic. People should feel good about drinking 100% fruit juice in moderation, as the weight of the evidence shows that 100% fruit juice is not associated with over -weight or obesity in healthy adults and children.